Monday, December 3, 2012

The O'Reilly Channel

While reading through my feed last week, I discovered a link to a YouTube channel that is going to be a great resource for me. Obviously, other new programming students like me might feel the same so I decided to share it. It is the O'Reilly Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OreillyMedia#g/p

At first I was concerned that this might be linked somehow to Bill O'Reilly. Who, as it turns out, does have a channel on YouTube as well. Thankfully, it is not. The O'Reilly channel is all about technology. Their motto is: " O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of technology innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences."

My first view of one of the videos on the channel was a programmer talking about how far thing have moved away from programming being about writing the code. He was discussing how managers and IDE's are stifling the creativity that programmers have to discover new code. I saw two more videos. One about writing apps and the other about open source software.  There is a vast variety of videos to check out.

There are links on the site for training, conferences, videos, and webcasts. The conferences that they hold are recorded and presented in their extensive video collection. The coursebooks for the classes look very detailed. As I pursue an Oracle Certification in Java, I will definitely check these books out for help in preparing for the exam.

So, whatever your interest in technology is, the O'Reilly Channel is worth taking a look at.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly you always find good articles and websites to share with us.

    ReplyDelete